“医院在城外的河边。到医院，您必须首先穿过北门，然后乘渡轮穿过运河。有一个妇女和儿童的房子和一个男人的大房子有一个手术室。药房，实验室，门诊部和一个小教堂。“ 7月9日，德国驻广州总领事馆发了一条推文，通过微信公众号查找”故事“。 1888年，中国第一家德国教会医院在广东东莞成立。过去在医院工作的德国医生Otto Hueck和Hedwig Hueck想知道接受过培训的护士的故事。
据报道，1888年，中国第一家德国教会医院在广东东莞成立。自1921年以来，该医院由Otto Hueck和他的妻子Hedwig Hueck经营。两人致力于这家医院的管理，特别是中国护士的培训。虽然远离家庭，但在东莞期间，两位医生学会了流利的中文，30多年来，他们一直为东莞及周边地区的当地人提供医疗服务。
After the tweet was issued, many medical personnel from the Dongguan People's Hospital began to forward. It turns out that the church hospitals where the two doctors have worked for many years are now the Dongguan People's Hospital. For the old Dongguan people, they are still used to calling the hospital "red building".
“Otto and Hedwig Hueck’s family are now contacting us, hoping to know what happened to the hospital and the trained nurses.” The German Consulate General in Guangzhou said through the public number that the request was for everyone’s help, for the family of the two doctors. Satisfy your wish.
To understand the history of the "Red House" is the Dongguan People's Hospital:
"Red House" is the Puji Hospital more than 100 years ago, and is now the seat of the Dongguan People's Hospital. "Red House" adopts red brick wall and green tile surface. It is a two-storey loft with basement. There are three floors on the ground. There is also a two-storey clock tower on the spire. It is a European-style building, very chic.
In 1888 (40th year of Guangxu Emperor Guangxu), the German Pakse Missionary Society established a church hospital in Guancheng called the Chinese Christian Ritual Association Puji Hospital. This is one of the earliest Western medicine hospitals established in China, and it has a history of 118 years. In 1890, a hospital was built in Wenshunfang (now the Gospel Hall) in Guancheng. In 1897, the first floor was added for the pharmacy, and the doctors of the doctors were given a boarding house. In 1899, due to the limited development of the city, Quan John, An Qisheng, Bao Wen, etc. chose the new location of the county, which covers a total area of 21 acres. In March 1902, the first building was built (Ms. Medical Building), and later the men’s medical building and doctor’s residence were built. The new courtyard building is not only beautiful in structure but also very strong. This is what was later called the "red building."
At the beginning of the establishment of Puji Hospital, there were only 25 beds, and medical treatment in the hospital was entrusted by a Chinese doctor, McDougal, by Tie Weilin. At that time, only surgical patients went to the hospital for medical treatment.
xxIn the 1920s, the "Red House" had established a women's medical building, a men's medical building, an operating room, a laboratory, a nursing room, a pharmacy, a president's building, and a worker's dormitory. About 50 beds were opened. In 1934, Puji Hospital was donated by a German doctor and donated by the Gospel Hall Mai Rongrong, and the X-ray room was added. In 1935, Mrs. Li Zhongkai from Hong Kong donated 30,000 yuan to build a hospital for medical treatment. In 1937, it was supported by various sectors. The electric light and the donation of more than 4,000 yuan to complete the water project; in 1945 the hospital funded the construction of the hospital into the city road, the original road widened 7 feet, and paved with cement; in 1947, Puji Hospital developed more than 150 Bed. Daily outpatients have general illnesses such as lung disease, bronchitis, abscesses, bladder stones, etc. medical doctors have infectious diseases, respiratory organs, blood circulation organ diseases, oral throat and esophageal diseases, stomach diseases, and intestines. More than 20 diseases, peritoneal diseases, liver diseases, liver and gallbladder diseases, and obstetrics and gynecology diseases and tumors have become a large-scale church hospital. Puji Hospital also established a nursing school and midwifery school in 1924, with nearly 100 graduates. The hospital's doctors, Xuan teachers, and nurses are all united to serve patients and spread the teachings of Jesus. Puji Hospital has become the best hospital in Dongguan for medical treatment and equipment, and has also cultivated many medical talents for Wanzhang.
During the War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression and the War of Liberation, under the united front work of the Dongjiang Column and the Underground Party, Puji Hospital rescued the lives of many Dongjiang Column soldiers and healed many wounded and sick soldiers. Such as the treatment of Zengcheng detachment fighter Guo Sheng's head seriously injured, and the Dongjiang column headquarters commander Lu Weiliang's appendicitis, the East team Sanlong team leader Chen Hao's high fever and other more than 40 wounded and sick.
In 1952, the Guangdong Health Department and the Central People's Liberation Army Zhongnan Military Region took over the Puji Hospital and was renamed the Seventy-one Preparatory Hospital of the People's Liberation Army. In 1953, it was renamed the Second Cadre Sanatorium of Guangdong Province; in 1956, it was renamed Guangdong Rehabilitation Hospital.